Car now starts, runs, has lights, no more coolant leaks, clutch has been bled (though it feels like it needs to be bled again as the pedal is very light), in short, things are coming together nicely.
My colleague in crime Aaron, who gave me the station wagon in the first place, gave me back the original rear plastic suspension bushes out of the green car after he discovered that they didn’t fit his RX-4 coupe. I spent this afternoon fitting some of them as the green station wagon now has different leaf springs in it (out of the yellow station wagon parts car). The ones that didn’t fit - the front leaf eyelet bushes - were worn around the centre hole so I threw them away. The rubber ones that I am currently using are still in good condition.
I also fitted some powdercoated peices where I was previously using parts that I had painted with enamel. The bits that I swapped over were the bottom plates that the U bolts bolt through, they’re also were the shock absorbers bolt to.
I had some other powedercoated bits to fit but I also gave these to Aaron as they didn’t fit on my car with its extra leaves in the leaf pack.
Today was a win though as I set myself a list at the start of last week on what I wanted to do over my long weekend (it was a public holiday here today) and I managed to get 4 out of 5 things done on my list. I’ve noticed that when I’ve made a list of anything to do with this car, usually I re-organise a few things around on the list, but it gives me an outlet, a check sheet of what to do when the weekend comes. The times that I have not made a list, I’ve started on 1 thing, then got distracted and ended up working on something else, or I’ve forgotten to go out and get parts or a tool.
Coincidentally, the further along in the build, the shorter my lists are getting and there seems to be fewer of them.
I’ll put up some more recent progress photos soon.